“Positive anything is better than negative anything”- Elbert Hubbard
Having a positive attribute is very essential in our life. Not only does a positive attitude helps to cope up with our everyday scenarios but it also helps us to boost up our confidence level to a great extent bringing optimism to your life. It is a state of mind worth developing but if imbibed in your overall surroundings it can change the attributes of our life bringing in constructive changes not only in your life but also in the lives of others around you.
A place where we spend most of our time besides our school or college or office is definitely our HOME. So bringing in changes to your home space is what we need to do to maintain a positive aura around us and Vastushastra is one such ancient field which exactly gives us tips for maintaining positive energy around you. So here we present you some of the Vastu Tips –
- Clear the clutter- Keeping your home clutter free is very important. Keeping it organised and clean makes you feel calm and relaxed. The presence of broken, burnt, unused or unwanted things like old newspapers, broken items or empty cartons should be removed on a regular basis as all these things restrict the flow of positive energy and can also lead to conflicts and disagreements within the family. Once you start removing all these things from the home space you may be able to experience the change for yourself.
- Bringing out the vibrancy of colours- Light colours/ white are mostly preferred by people in the home however adding some colour to it can play a pivotal role in bringing positive vibrations in your space. Colors play an important role in bringing balance to our body and mind. In case of selection of colors in home try to be specific as a selection of certain colours stimulates energy in our space and influences the mind of the people residing in the house.
- The entrance towards positive energy- The door towards positivity for your house is your entrance door itself. Your home entrance attracts the flow of positive energy in your space so it should be welcoming and free from any type of obstructions such as shoes, dirt/garbage or any sort of plant pots kept too near the door. Also, make sure to keep no window near the main door or any door opposite to it or else the energy will flow out immediately. The entrance door should open clockwise and not outside as it pushes away energy out of the house. One of the significant points which many people don’t have an idea about is the threshold of the house. Every house should have a threshold(umbra) on the floor, at the door frame as it keeps away negative influences outside the door.
- Hold up a mirror at home- Mirror may look like a small object to you but it’s significance in vastu is not known by many. It is believed to bring positive results as well as negative ones if not placed accordingly. In the case of the bedroom, they should not be kept facing your bed as it seems to affect your health as well as sleep. Place them in such a way that you cannot see the reflection of the bed in it. Also avoid keeping it facing the entrance of your home as it reflects the energy outside it. Place a mirror opposite to your locker as it is believed to increase wealth definitely only after you are earning it…Lol
- Bask in the glory of the sun- Having the energies of all the five elements of nature is a very important element of vastu for the house. Amongst all the five elements Agni is a crucial element that influences our life. Sun is the main source of natural light and therefore its exposure in our house is salient. Sun rays are believed to enhance positive energy all over your house along with eradicating negative energy. They also bring over strength and vitality to your health. So while having a home make it a key point to have free indoor spaces from where abundant sunlight can come through.
- Adding a rhythm- Music from wind chimes, bells or musical instruments break the cycle of negativity and bring in the free flow of energy. The soothing music brings in prosperity as well. But hanging wind chimes and bells in the bathroom can drain out your wealth too so avoid hanging them there. Even if you have no musical instruments or bells in your house you can play music on your music system which also can serve the purpose.
- Just a bowl of salt- According to vastu salt is very auspicious. It can be used all over the house and should be kept in the corners as it emits cosmic energy and absorbs negative energy. Keep it with a bowl of water and ensure to change it regularly. Don’t throw it away anywhere and see to it that it doesn’t spill or touches water sources in our house. Flush it down the toilet or drain in the sink. The salt which is once used should not be used again.
- Nature does the magic- Every house should have a good number of plants or a small garden. But if you live in apartments you have an option of indoor gardens. Giving it a natural touch with some rocks and stones will give you the feel of being close to nature. The green color of nature is a symbol of peace and tranquillity. When you sit amidst nature it soothes your mind and soul and reduces tension and anxiety to a great level. So this is something you should definitely do in your home to experience the magic of nature.
- The inviting and pleasing fragrance- The pleasant aroma of incense ward off bad energies and helps to spread calmness in the surroundings. Incense sticks, aromatic candles and air fresheners are some of the options which can help to make your home feel more inviting.
- It’s better we go “North”- Whether we are sleeping, studying or working we should always face towards the north direction. This direction has a better flow of energy so aligning towards this direction can definitely bring in some positive vibes in your life as well as home.